Reliance in Him

In His name, most Gracious, most Merciful and peace be upon you.

'Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said,

"I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "If you were to rely on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for the birds. They go out in the morning hungry and return in the evening full."


How many times a day do you find yourself relying on Allah for His protection, His guidance, His help?

A few weekends ago, I met with a sister whom I remember always seeing in the masjid. She is a mother of two, one that is just 8 months old. Currently, she is separated from her husband and her oldest child. They moved and she needed to finish up some school-related work. Everything she does, she doesn't fail to utter praises in His name. Cutting a chicken with each stroke, moving the chicken into the oven, washing her baby boy's bottle, picking up her baby... It was a sight of a sore eyes and a melody to a plugged ears. I sat down with her and just talked about her family, and she asked me why am I not yet married. She assured me that there's someone out there that Allah loves just for me. It puzzled me as to why she would asked that and it never daunted on me until I was walking home that she was so happy with what she is given in life despite of all her own trials and tribulation being a mother, a part from her husband and oldest child, taking take of her newborn baby by herself and finishing up her doctrate degree. Then, she told me no matter what you do, never forget to praise Him. Then again, this is the typical thing I always hear. But now, today, it finally hit me, why people always say that. In every utterance of praise to Him we utter, along with each breathe of it is a prayer from deep within the heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment