Alone

In His name, the most Gracious, the most Merciful

and peace be upon you.

Monday night at around 11:30pm, I finally arrived, alhamdulilah. It was cold and full of tests from Him.
No matter how much I was tested, truly He does not test us on what we cannot bare. For if he did, I would not be writing this entry and giving praise and thanks to Him.

Enough said, here are the pictures I managed to snap while I was facing the reality of traveling alone for the first time at the age of 20.

@KLIA -- Getting ready to depart and the tears has
definitely started. (Photo by: Mussy)

@LAX -- stuck for 7 hours thanks to delay in China.
The first test I had to face on my own, alone.

Second test... picture says it all.

Just two more years, insha'Allah khair

Thank you CZ for providing me with accommodation for
your mistakes -- though I would have much rather been on
the plane to IN. 

Test #3... Delay for four hours @MSP

Test #4 -- my whole luggage fell apart... Alhamdulilah,
it arrived w/ nothing missing.

How IU greeted me the next morning. Shivering and icy cold
with a pinch of jetlag. Bless my housemate's heart for
letting me borrow her jacket and boots.
Yesterday, I managed to get a lot of my major errands done -- alhamdulilah. On top of it all, with the help of a router, skyping with the people i love the most was made possible. It was the first time I did not feel as lonely since I've arrived. I have great friends here and may Allah bless every single one of them for helping me and welcoming me back, but there's truly nothing like the warmth of seeing the faces of the people you love.

Until then, fi'amanillah bikum.

No comments:

Post a Comment